Delivered Product Quality
Smooth operation of the FGC process can only be achieved through the use of correct and consistent FGC reagents. Carmeuse’s ability to consistently meet the most exacting specifications has given our customers a high degree of confidence in the quality and reliability of our products thanks to:
- Our highest quality control standards during manufacturing;
- Our fully equipped laboratories ensuring we meet every specification for every customer.
Some FGC units require substantial quantities to achieve compliance. Selecting the best transportation option and providing adequate on-site reagent storage helps control costs and streamline operations. Carmeuse provides reliable and on-time delivery thanks to:
- Strong relations with truck, rail, river, sea and lake carriers;
- A broad network of transportation terminals;
- A full staff of customer service specialists providing the best connection between our customers and the right Carmeuse expert.
With over 40 current patents, Carmeuse continues to innovate and make significant contributions to the lime industry. Carmeuse Research & Development team at Carmeuse is aimed at developing new FGC products and expanding our knowledge. This focus allows us to:
- Stay in step with our customers’ requirements;
- Open new functionalities for our products to exceed requirements;
- Offer latest development with our customer to reduce FGC costs.
Product optimization & customization for each Flue Gas Cleaning process
Determining the right reagent is critical to effective cost control initiatives. Thanks to our experience with all types of FGC systems, our specialists from the Carmeuse Application Technology team support our customers to minimize the total cost of ownership of the FGC steps. Indeed, the FGC process must always be optimized when
- New emissions regulations enter into force;
- Flue gas composition is modified due to process and/or fuel modifications;
- A new unit is commissioned …
This support can be delivered through our different services such as:
- Lab analyzes;
- Troubleshooting of FGC unit;
- Reagent preparation;
- Collaboration with architecture & engineering firms, contractors, OEM companies…
On-site demonstration trial …
Because emission control levels are closely watched by authorities and FGC represents a non-negligible cost, there is no room for error during FGC implementation. While contractual guarantees offer some protection, the best option for minimizing risk and ensuring the proper process is a demonstration trial.
Carmeuse owns and operates a fleet of mobile pilot plants allowing:
- Carmeuse to demonstrate different dry or wet FGC processes
- Carmeuse to determine and optimize the process condition and reagent characteristic/dosage to minimize the compliance cost for our customers
- Our customers to comply with legislation during the construction of the definitive FGC installation
- Our customer to comply with legislation during an outage, failure or unavailability of their FGC unit