CleanCalco® Depurcal dedicated FGC product for hot side injection. It is a calcium hydroxide containing magnesium; delivered as a dry, white and ready-to-use powder.
CleanCalco® Depurcal is directly injected in the process at a temperature between 850 and 1000°C, allowing direct activation. This injection, early in the process, involves a direct neutralization of SO3, SO2 and other acidic components like HCl and HF and protects the equipment from aggressive acid gases. Used firstly in Waste-to-Energy plants (but also applicable in heat & power boilers), this treatment is extremely efficient in reducing pollutants in the boiler itself, allowing the downstream duct sorbent injection to operate as a simple polishing FGC step. The figure below shows the classical Waste-to-Energy FGC. The treatment using CleanCalco® Depurcal offeres a direct reduction of the pollutant load. This optimizes the cost of treatment by reducing the injection rate of the expensive downstream sorbent (see case study for more info).
- Direct neutralization of acids (HCl, SO2, SO3, HF) in boiler/furnace
- Stable pollutant load in the downstream polishing FGC unit (no peak)
- Optimized and low consumption of sorbent at the polishing step
- Reduction of PCDD (dioxins) & PCDF (furans) formation
- More porous, friable ash thanks to melting point modification
- Cleaner boiler/furnace
- Reduce boiler/furnace corrosion
- Improved boiler efficiency
- Savings on maintenance
- Increased reliability of FGC unit